Who We Are
Today, the Academy operates as a division of HSLDA dedicated to providing quality Christian online courses to students everywhere.
Our main office is located in Northern Virginia, and we have the pleasure to work with an exceptional team of teachers who work remotely in various U.S. states and even in Europe.
Your student will get to join our virtual campus and meet fellow Christian high schoolers from all 50 U.S. states and from several countries around the world!
What’s Different about HSLDA Online Academy?
We teach our courses from a distinctly Christian perspective.
Students discuss the intersection of faith and academics, learning to better understand and articulate what they believe. Each of our hand-selected Christian instructors is committed to helping students mature both academically and spiritually.
Our rigorous coursework helps students build a strong academic foundation.
Our standard high school courses are designed to help students master foundational knowledge and develop study skills that will benefit them throughout high school and college.
Our challenging upper-level Advanced Placement® courses help students develop strong study habits and college-level reading and writing skills. Each course meets the College Board’s requirements for an official AP® designation, preparing students for the related AP® subject exam. See past exam scores here.
We combine the flexibility of independent study with the best of classroom learning.
Students have 24/7 access to course materials, helping them balance all their activities and commitments to meet assignment deadlines. They can access lectures, readings, and study materials on their own time, and submit their papers and exams online.
Studying online doesn’t mean studying alone! Students get to join an online community of Christian peers from around the world. They interact with their fellow classmates and instructors through email, discussion forums, and their weekly live class sessions.
Teachers provide instruction through weekly online live class sessions and provide feedback on assignments and answers to questions throughout the week.
Students, Our Courses Are For You If. . .
- You are a strong student with excellent reading and writing skills.
- You want to take quality high school courses taught from a biblical perspective.
- You are hardworking, self-disciplined, ready to be challenged, and able to meet deadlines.
- You want to take college preparatory courses with a clear Christian worldview.
- You have completed coursework that provides foundational knowledge for each Academy course you are taking (see individual course pages for specific prerequisites).
- You like learning interactively through discussion with your teacher and classmates
- You are willing to commit 5–10 hours weekly for each standard courses, or 10–15 hours weekly for each AP® course.
Parents, Our Courses Fit Your Family If. . .
- You want trustworthy instruction from teachers who share your biblical worldview.
- You’d appreciate having another teacher provide feedback on your student’s work.
- You like the convenience of online learning.
- You want your high schooler to get a strong start in foundational subjects and develop skills for continued success throughout high school and college.
- You want to help your upper-level high school student save time and money in college by earning credit now through AP® testing.